What you’ll learn
This module on academic and professional communication includes five units that reflect scenarios you will frequently encounter as a graduate student and, later, as a professor.
The topics covered include:
- Tips for networking at academic conferences,
- Techniques for mastering the academic introduction and introducing your research to scholars,
- Strategies for establishing appropriate online boundaries with students in the age of social media,
- Examples of successful research poster designs, and
- Approaches for successfully communicating your research to a non-specialist academic audience.
Completion of this module will give you increased confidence in your interpersonal and public speaking skills.