What you’ll learn
This module provides resources and learning for graduate students in their roles as mentors for undergraduate students. The following learning objectives are embedded into this program:
- Identify the significance of mentorship in higher education;
- Recognize and examine core mentoring competencies and locate them within a learning-centred paradigm;
- Enhance your skills in providing mentoring support based on adult education principles;
- Develop strategies to effectively communicate – from a leadership perspective – with a diverse body of undergraduate students;
- Generate a plan to support undergraduate students in discovering post-graduate academic and professional opportunities; and,
- Connect mentoring competencies to your own personal and professional development.